Account Setup: Let TruckLogics Work for You
Last week, we walked you through creating an account. This week, we’ll explain how setting up and customizing your account settings will ensure you get the most out of TruckLogics.
At TruckLogics, we understand that every trucker operates their business differently. That’s why when you enter your account information, the program will be tailored specifically to your needs so it works best for you and your company. Plus, your first 15 days of using TruckLogics are free when you sign-up!
How Can I Customize my TruckLogics Account?
After signing up, you’ll need to select your fleet size. You can do this by clicking the “free trial” button on the top right corner of the page, and you’ll have the option of selecting a small fleet with 3-7 trucks, a medium fleet with 8-14 trucks, or a large fleet with 15 or more trucks. This will help make sure that the program is customized to best serve you and your fleet. In addition to our fleet manager packages, we have packages available that are specifically crafted for owner-operators, too.
Once you select your fleet size and finalize your account information, you will be able to personalize all the rest of your account settings including adding contacts, driver account logins, program add-ons, reminder settings, invoice and dispatch options, your default pay type and rate, and your default mileage routing and fuel surcharge type/rate.
- Add Contacts: Through the address book, you can easily keep track of all of your contacts. The address book is organized to show all of your customers with a green “C”, drivers with a gray “D”, vendors with a gold “V”, brokers with a red “B”, and carriers with a blue “C”. The carrier section of your address book is also automatically updated with some of the largest carriers and you can add your own to the list. You can also add in other information including their DOT number, email, and information for their main contact person.
- Truck Zone: For each of your trucks you can add in specific equipment details including the unit number, year, make, model, VIN, and even whether or not the vehicle is still in service. You can also add in further details such as the name of the owner, gross weight, serial number, fuel type, height, number of axles, and even insurance information. All of this information is automatically stored and readily available for your convenience.
- Pay Type & Rate: In addition to being able to create and edit new invoices and dispatches, you can even set up a default pay type rate. For example, if you typically run a dedicated run that pays the same each time, doing this can save you a ton of time. Or, if you charge per mile, you can set the default rate high enough to ensure that you break even. If you use a factoring company, you can also add “terms and conditions” to show your factoring company’s billing information on your invoice. TruckLogics will even let you create a standard email that will be used when emailing customers or brokers an invoice that is generated and sent directly from TruckLogics.
- Supercharge Your Account: You also have the option to choose any add-ons to the program that you want to use. Add-on options include ProMiles, which is truck-specific routing software that can auto-fill your mileage traveled in each state on your trip sheet, completely eliminating manual data entry. Other add-ons include an IFTA feature, which generates your state-specific IFTA return for you, and the LTL, or Less Than Truckload feature, which integrates with the ProMiles add-on and allows you to assign multiple loads to one driver and dispatch them in one clean, easy step.
- Schedule Maintenance Tasks: TruckLogics can even give you reminders when you need to get maintenance done on your trucks. Simply schedule a maintenance task once, and TruckLogics will remind you the next time you need to get it done. You can even set personal reminders for anything else you’d like to be notified of, like invoice due dates, license, and insurance expiration and even dues dates for tax filing. Let’s face it, with everything you have to keep track of an extra little reminder is always nice.
- Driver Logins: Creating driver logins allows your drivers to update the status of their load from the road. When you receive your driver’s check call, you can forward it as an email directly to your customer or broker through TruckLogics. This then allows the driver to view load information from the road including the pickup and drop off locations and times, and your drivers can even add in expenses for your approval.
Saving Yourself Time Later
It’s best to do this during your free-trial period, that way when you do decide that TruckLogics is perfect for you and your business, the program has already been crafted specifically for your needs and is ready to begin managing your trucking business. As a wise man once said, why put off for tomorrow what you can do today? So stop wasting time and get started with the best business management platform on the market.
If you have any questions about our program give us a call at 704.234.6946 or email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help. We offer free 15-day trials of our program and we even perform demos if you request one where we’ll screen share with you and walk you through every aspect of the program, and that’s free, too!