How-To Tuesday: Quickly Canceling A Dispatch and Load
If you ever find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance of needing to cancel a dispatch and load, TruckLogics trucking dispatch software has you covered.
We recommend canceling rather than deleting your dispatches and loads so that you can keep accurate records of which loads were dropped.
This can be particularly helpful to see how consistent your clients are. Learn how to harness this helpful feature in TruckLogics trucking dispatch software by following these simple steps.
Canceling a Dispatch or Load
1. From your Dashboard, click on the Dispatches tab.
2. Find the dispatch associated with the load you want to cancel and click on it.
3. Click on the Check Call tab of your dispatch.
4. Delete the Drop-Off Complete check call. Confirm that you want to delete when TruckLogics prompts you by clicking “Yes”.
5. Now go to the Settlements tab of your dispatch.
6. Click “Void”. Confirm by clicking “Yes”.
7. Now go to the trip sheet tab of your dispatch.
8. Scroll down. Delete every row by clicking the trash can icon on the right side. Confirm by clicking “Yes”. Click “Update” at the bottom of the screen once you are done.
9. Scroll up and return to the Summary tab.
10. Click on the load number.
11. Click on “Go to Load Summary”.
12. Go to the Payments tab of that load.
13. Click “Options” and then click “Void” from the drop-down menu. Confirm by clicking “Yes”.
14. Now go to the Invoice tab.
15. Click the “More” button and then click “Void” from the drop-down menu. Confirm by clicking “Yes”.
16. Return to the Summary tab.
17. Click “Go to Dispatch Summary”.
18. Click “Cancel Dispatch” in the top right corner.
19. Click back into the canceled dispatch and repeat steps 10-11 to return to the load.
20. Once back in the load, click on the “More” button and then select “Cancel Load” from the drop-down menu. Confirm by clicking “Yes”.
21. Your load is canceled!
Watch the video tutorial
Try TruckLogics for Free
Want to be able to cancel loads and dispatches with TruckLogics? Get a 15-day free trial! There’s no obligation and no credit card information required.