The Form 2290 deadline is approaching fast. Pre-filing Form 2290 for the 2022-23 tax year is now available. If you file now you will get your stamped Schedule 1 as soon as the IRS starts accepting them on July 1st. Learn how to file Form 2290 using the TruckLogics App in only a few simple steps.
1. From the TruckLogics app select “Form 2290”.
2. If you already have started one you can continue where you left off. If not, it will prompt you to start a new return. You can also select the + icon to start a new return.
3. To Pre-file for 2022-23, click the first green button that says “Pre-file for 2022-23 tax year”. If you need to file for the current tax year, click the orange button that says “2021 tax year”. For the purpose of this tutorial, we will select “Pre-file for 2022-23 tax year”.
4. Next, you will choose your First Used Month. If you are filing for 2022-23, the First Used Month will be July. If it is for the current year it will be for whichever month you first put your truck on the road. For the purpose of this tutorial, we will select the First Used Month as July for the 2022-23 tax year.
5. Now that you have selected your First Used Month, you will click “Next”.
6. Enter your vehicle’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Unit Number if applicable, the Taxable Gross Weight, and whether or not the vehicle is used for logging. Once this is entered either select “Save”, or if you have multiple vehicles select “Save & Add Another”. If you are ready to proceed, select “Next”.
7. You will then see the truck(s) you have entered the information for. You will click “Next”.
8. You will be asked to add any suspended vehicles if you have any and specify if they are used for Logging or Agriculture. You can either hit “Save” or “Save & Add Another”. Once you are finished entering any suspended vehicles if applicable, click “Next”.
9. It will then ask if you to enter any prior year suspended vehicles, which means vehicles that were suspended the year before. If you have any vehicles that qualify, enter them and either click “Save” or “Save & Add Another”. After entering a vehicle (If applicable), click “Next”.
10. If applicable add any sold or destroyed vehicles, then click “Next”.
11. If applicable, add any vehicles that qualify for low mileage credits. Then click “Save” or “Save & Add Another” Once you are finished here click “Next”.
12. Select your payment option from the list of available options and then click “Next”.
13. The screen you will see next will depend on the payment method you select. Below you will see an example of each payment method. For each, you will check the box to state that you are consenting to use this payment method. After that, you will click “Next.”
14. You will then be asked whether or not you want the IRS to share your HVUT information with other Federal and State agencies. Select “Yes” or “No” and then click “Next”.
15. Select whether or not you want to allow another person to discuss this return with the IRS. Click “Yes” or “No” and then click “Next”.
16. You will then be shown a summary of the information entered into your Form 2290. Once you have reviewed it, click “Next”.
17. You will be taken to a screen that will check for any errors in your form. Once there are no errors, click “Next”.
18. It will show you how much you owe for your filing fee and you will enter a Promo Code if you have one. Then click “Next”.
19. Enter your Credit Card Details and your billing information and click “Next”.
TruckLogics is an amazing Trucking Management Software. Manage your trucking business, dispatch drivers, and more! You can even file your Form 2290 from the convenience of your phone using the TruckLogics App! What are you waiting for? Sign up for a 15-day free trial with TruckLogics and File your Form 2290 today!