The IFTA deadline is Monday, May 2nd, 2022, but don’t panic! IFTA Only option is available now in TruckLogics! You can now report your IFTA using TruckLogics without signing up for a subscription. For only $24.95 you can generate an IFTA report per quarter. Below you will find how to generate your report in only a few simple steps!
1. First, you will create an account and select whether you are a Business Owner or a Service Provider.
2. Next, you will select which plan category you want to choose. There are two options, the “Generate IFTA Report Only” option and the “A Complete Trucking Management” option. This option is a subscription that will give you all of the features needed to manage your trucking business. For the purposes of this tutorial, we will choose the “Generate IFTA Report Only” Option.
3. Enter your business information including your business name, business address, your country, your base jurisdiction, and your IFTA account number. Once you do this you will click Let’s Go.
4. You will then go to IFTA Settings and click edit.
5. Here you can change fuel usage and distance units from Gallons and Miles to Liters and Kilometers as well as your IFTA Signing Authority.
6. Once you are finished click save.
7. Next, you will click the “+ Add Truck” button under “Qualified Trucks for IFTA”.
8. You can add trucks manually, import them from Motive, or import them from ExpressTruckTax. For the purposes of this tutorial we will select the Add Truck Manually option.
9. When you select this option you will enter the Unit Number, make, model, fuel type, VIN, and Gross Vehicle Weight.
10. When you finish adding all of the trucks you are generating the report for, you will click on the IFTA tab.
11. Make sure the appropriate tax year is selected.
12. Choose “Start Return” under the appropriate quarter.
13. Select which trucks you want to report for or add new trucks.
14. Once the trucks are selected click next.
15. You will be asked how you want to import distance and fuel for this quarter. You can either select “Upload Data in Bulk” where you can use the TruckLogics IFTA excel template to bulk upload your data, “Quick Entry” where you will enter the distance and fuel data manually for each truck, or “Pull data from Motive” where you can import Distance and Fuel data from your connected Motive account.
16. If you select “quick entry” select the QE button beside each truck and enter the data manually either by odometer or distance.
17. Make sure all of the information is entered for each month including trip date, state, odometer start, odometer end, trip type, distance, nontaxable distance, toll miles (if applicable), and fuel purchased then hit save.
18. Once the data for all trucks have been added click Next.
19. Review the IFTA summary and click Next.
20. You will now see the tax amount you owe. If you have any credits from previous IFTA filings enter them into the box labeled “Credit Amount”.
21. Then you will click Next.
22. Review the information one last time and then click next again.
23. The system will check your return for common errors. Correct any errors until no errors are found and then click Next.
24. Now it is time to pay the service fee. Click “Proceed to Pay”.
25. Enter your billing information and click “Confirm and Pay”.
26. Once you pay the service fee, you can download your IFTA Report by clicking “Download IFTA PDF” and file it with your base jurisdiction.
Not all states allow you to paper file. Instead, they require you to file using their file system. For those states, TruckLogics provides an e-file worksheet to make entry into the state’s e-file system easier for the client. This comes at no extra cost to you however, it is your responsibility to know whether your state allows paper filing or only allows e-filing. A worksheet does not constitute a valid refund request. Regardless, TruckLogics has the solution to all of your IFTA needs! What are you waiting for, sign up for TruckLogics IFTA Only and start reporting today!