End of Year To-Do List
- DOT State Permit Renewals (NM, HUT, OR)
- Have documentation of each month’s expenses (variable and fixed).
- Have documentation of your revenue for each month.
- Check to see if there are any new deductions you can claim.
- Know the deadline to have your taxes done or to have your information sent to your accountant. Tax services usually charge more the closer it gets to the deadline so get your information to them ASAP.
For The Truck
- Schedule maintenance that needs to be done.
- Inspect all chains and tie downs to see if they need to be replaced (if chains are warped, bent, or rusted they are unsafe and you can be cited. Same goes for tie downs, make sure they are not frayed or ripped.)
- Thoroughly inspect your truck to make sure nothing needs to be replaced. Get close and personal with your truck and inspect every inch. You know you want to.
- Clean the inside of your cab. Wash your bedding (maybe wash it twice if it’s been awhile), rugs, and take a cleaner to that carpet if you have it. Scrub every inch and make it shine like the day it rolled out of the factory. A clean truck = a happy driver.
Next up, make a list for what you need for your business. Driving a truck is a business, not just a job. Whether you are leased on, an owner-operator, or living the small fleet life, you are a business. Here is what you will need to manage your trucking business for the new year.
For The Business
- Sign up for a TruckLogics Free Trial!
- Call the TruckLogics Crew and enjoy some true southern hospitality as we personally show you how everything works and get to know your business better.
- Plan a profit forecast for the next year.
- Know the numbers you need to beat for the next year (profit per mile for each month).
- Plan to celebrate the end of 2015 stress-free because you did everything you needed to do.
- Start the new year on the road to success with TruckLogics.