What does web-based mean?The simplest explanation is also the best: web-based means that it is based on the web. Traditional software has a lot of disadvantages like installation, can only be used on one computer, and is not accessible from any location. Another big drawback is the industry is constantly changing and traditional software can not keep up.
Now when a program is web-based, you don't have to download anything, make any updates on your end, it is accessible from on any computer and from any location, and you have the added benefit of amazing customer service. Well, we can't speak for all web-based programs, but we know TruckLogics has the best customer support crew. Let’s take a closer look at a few of points we just covered.
- You don't have to download anything. One of the best features of a web-based program, like TruckLogics, is that you don't have to download anything onto your computer. There is nothing extra you have to purchase or install to use the program.
- You don't have to worry about updating the program. With software that you have to install yourself, you also get the joy of updating it on your own. It's a hassle and a pain in the you-know-what to do. When you use TruckLogics, we handle all the technical maintenance. And when we do make an update, we make sure you know about it. Most of the time we update the program based on the feedback we hear from our users. In the trucking industry, there are a lot of special little things owner-operators and fleet managers need to manage their business better and we want to make sure we have it all.
- Accessibility. Any program you have to install can usually only be installed one time and only on one computer. For anyone in the trucking industry, that's not going to work. TruckLogics, as well as any other web-based program, doesn't have to be installed. You can access your TruckLogics account on any computer and from any location. TruckLogics is unique in that we offer a mobile app where you can view your dispatches, check your location on a map, record expenses (and capture receipts), and more. It’s really handy when you’re on the road.
- Customer service. As the saying goes, "good help is hard to find," and that is true in the tech industry just like anywhere else. Any program that you have had to install on your computer, customer support is very limited. They can't see what information you have entered to pinpoint the problem. Web-based technology allows for a complete customer support experience. When you contact the TruckLogics crew, we can see exactly what you see so we can help you with any issue. We can also personally walk you through the program and answer any questions you have.
Is web-based technology secure?This is really the most frequently asked question when it comes to web-based technology. Truth is it’s actually safer than traditional software. If you have installed a program on your laptop and something happens to it then that’s all she wrote. Not many computers are backed up properly or updated as frequently as they should and this creates a security problem. Web-based technology is always updated, backed up daily, and your information is stored on a secure server. I mean Fort-Knox-lock-down secure. If anything ever happens to your computer/laptop none of your information is lost - ever. While we are on the topic of security, why don't we discuss passwords real quick.
- Password etiquette tells us that the more unique and complex your password is, the harder it is to crack. What makes a password unique and complex is that it includes numbers, symbols, capital and lowercase letters, and isn't a dictionary word(s). Children and dog names will be way to easy for someone to crack. Pretend you’re Secret Agent Man and come up with something not even the CIA could figure out. Then try not to forget it.