I was browsing through some trucking industry news, like one does, and came across the video for Western Star's new 5700XE. I watched it like three times in a row. It has explosions, fighter jets, and alligators in it - awesome. I switched into research mode to find out more about the truck specs, and my goodness is this truck impressive.
- OnGuard - a radar safety system that can detect stationary objects and alert drivers. When alerting the driver, OnGuard can apply up to 50% of the truck's braking power and reduce engine torque to help avoid collision.
- Land Departure Warning System - This system alerts a driver if the truck starts to drift out of the lane without a turning signal on.
- All Steel Cab: This is Western Star's trademark. After it has been reinforced for added strength and safety, it goes through a 12-stage e-coat process to resist corrosion and last forever.
- Mirrors: The 5700XE boasts cab mounted heated mirrors for the clearest view without vibrations.
- ABS with Stability Control - This system gives you precision control in treacherous driving conditions. Also included are Electronic Stability Control and Roll Stability Control for a solid platform.